Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Everything you want to me know about me

My name is Katie and I am a senior in high school. I have always liked writing. My favorite time to write is when I am feeling stressed out or emotional. Then, I like to vent for poems. This is also my third year on the school newspaper. I like to write entertainment and features stories. I enjoy editing others' articles for the news and features sectionsof the paper. Over the next four months I hope to stretch my brain creatively and become a better writer because of it. My favorite writer is J.K. Rowling. I am a huge Harry Potter fan! I think that J.K. Rowling has an amazingly impressive capacity for weaving and unfolding complex and engrossing plot lines. The characters are endearing and the magic is captivating.

I wrote a metaphor poem in class about young love. I compared it to summer. I was inspired by having watched the film, The Notebook, the night before. Here it is:

I thought it would last
It felt never ending, didn't it?
Freedom, Happiness, Comfort, and Warmth
but it breaks, doesn't it?
The leaves turn and the wind chills
and summer ends, like my heart breaks
soon as you came, soon as we parted
our young love shattered, didn't it?
the promises made and the time on our hands
fleeting and gone like a shooting star
just as is summer, too good to last
we had something great, remember, wasn't it?
it's hard to believe life can be so cruel
young love is a false and lulling security
soon as it started, its pulled away
because things, they got in the way, didn't they?
now we try and we struggle, desperate to hold on
to the bets days of our lives, fulfilling and sweet
forces stronger than us, they broke us
we thought it would last
It felt never ending, didn't it?

1 comment:

David R said...

I like the poem a lot. It's very touching and heart warming. Great job. Great blog.