Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Assignment 12

1. At first the idea of writing a play seemed daunting, mostly because it was something I had never done before. Coming up with a story that seemed entertaining and fitting for a stage was tough but once I had an idea it came easily. I was pleasantly surprised by how much fun I had writing something driven nearly entirely by dialogue because usually I don't use much. It was a fun way to develop my characters and challenged me as a writer.

2. Well since I am doing this blog late I have already written my personal essay. Instead I will describe what I wrote about and why I chose to do so. I brainstormed in my mind major life events and their impacts on me. I chose to write about my mission trip to the Crow Reservation and how it not only brought me a greater appreciation for my fortunes, but also made me realize how small acts of kindness really do make a difference. I think this is an important message that everyone can relate to.

3. I would chose to give advice to a 10 year old. Their live would soon begin to undergo major changes regarding maturation, relationships, school etc. so I would have alot to say. Also I remember more from this time in my life. I think that in order to give good advice you need to draw from personal experiences to really know what you are talking about. However, as not to just give one overly bias perspective I would also incorporate the experiences of others I know. If you want to connect with the child you also need to listen to their stories and opinions and mold your advice to apply to that. I would give the advice to maintain good relationships with your family because they will also be a stable fixture for you as everything else in your life is evolving. Also, meet friends with similar interests and pursue these interests. Stay on top of your schoolwork because your work habits now will determine your work habits later in life when it is crucial to success.

No comments: