Friday, January 18, 2008

Last Blog

1. I liked writing pmy personal essay alot better than I thought I would. At first I was nervous because I had never done anything like it before, but it was a good experience. I liked it because it gave me the opportunity to write about a really important and valuable experience to me. The mission trip was so powerful and impactful that I always have a hard time retelling the week to people. This essay gave me an outlet to make the experience more vivid and understandable.
2. I agree that reading is crucial to sucessful writing. You may begin with natural writing ability, but if you want to improve yourself as a writer you need to read. Reading is like research to a scientist. It provides you with ideas, new techniques and lessons on what to do and what not to do. Reading will help you develop a unique writing style that is true to yourself. This is because by reading you learn more about what type or writing you respond to, what you like in a story, what you find to be annoying etc. By learning about other authors and their styles you can fuse them into a unique blend, or vary your writing style to apply to what you are specifically writing.
3.My favorite thing to write was the play. I liked writing the play because it presented a new challenge and high school writing assignments tend to become mundane. The play was pure fun to write because my story line was light-hearted, relatable and funny. My ideas that came to mind made me smile. My least favorite things to write were the poems at the begining of the year. I appreciate good poetry but, I myself, do not enjoy writing it. I have always struggled to express my ideas in concise and symbolic ways that read rythmically. I would rather just use full sentences.
4. Quiz
Coke or Pepsi: neither
Li'l Wayne or Little Debbie: taylor
McDonald's or Arby's: mcdonalds!
Chiptole or Taco Bell: chipotle is the best thing ever
American Idol or MTV: mtv
Buffalo Wings or Florida: both!
New York City or Los Angeles: NYC
Name you like for your future daughter: Abigail/ Isabella
Name you like for your future son: Samuel
What is or what will be the first country you see outside the continent of North America: Mexico
Disney movie you would be most likely to watch on your 21st birthday: Aladin
5. Can you figure out what Disney movie my blog title comes from? no, but its familiar.

4 comments:

David R said...

I can't believe that the blogging season has come to a close. So many great memories!

Dreese said...

I really like chipotle too. Great time in creative writing this year. I hope to see new comments on my new posts every week! jk. every other week.

Grace said...

I like both your names for future kids and I also love the movie aladin

True said...

wow, this was fun. we should still hang out and talk if we see each other in the hallway, though...